Denis J. Corr, Ph.D.
Dr. Denis Corr has over 35 years of experience in monitoring and solving air quality problems, as well as co-ordinating major responses to other public health issues. His experience ranges from laboratory and field-based technical science to Senior Management work. His diverse professional experiences include leading Emergency Response teams and resolving contentious multi-stakeholder issues. His major innovations include:
- CPPR: an evolved decision-making system for groups and individuals
- the Hamilton Air Quality Initiative, Clean Air Hamilton (UN award-winning program, "Best Practice Worldwide")
- improved Environmental Emergency Response protocols: Hagersville Tire Fire (1990), Plastimet Recycling Plant Fire (1997)
- the Aerochamber: an aerosolized medication delivery system that transformed the use of metered dose inhalers
- redesigned Permit-to-Take-Water Program, Ministry of the Environment (Ontario)
Denis is also the Audit & Research Manager with Rotek Environmental, Inc. and has just completed a 13-year tenure as an Adjunct Professor with the Dept. of Engineering Physics at McMaster University.
Sheila Corr, C.R.E.
Sheila Corr is an accomplished public speaker and award-winning group facilitator. Sheila's ability to motivate and inspire diverse audiences has been proven in a wide variety of contexts, including:
- WeightWatchers: created and delivered motivational content for groups, as well as counseling individuals one-on-one
- Marriage Preparation Courses: facilitated faith-based interactive courses, teaching communication, problem-solving, family planning, and other topics
- Enneagram Personality Assessment: received training in weekend seminars
- Golden Horseshoe Feis: spearheaded a committee effort to bring traditional culture and community together in an annual festival event
- teaching at the elementary level across Canada